Working at the Council
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with us.
Our council is an ambitious and exciting place to work. We are renowned for having vision about our place and our organisation and turning vision into reality. We want to continue to be a high performing council with motivated employees who are proud to work here and make a difference to people's lives.
Contact the Council's Human Resources (HR) department
The Human Resources department is based at Cotswold District Council and deals with all aspects of HR on our behalf. For further information or to discuss the recruitment process, please:
- Call and ask for the Recruitment Team on 01285 623000
Learning and development
We want our people to enjoy their work and have the skills they need to do their job. We recognise the importance of learning and development opportunities so we can recruit good people and develop and retain our staff.
- receive an induction that helps them to settle into the Forest of Dean and your team
- have access to a range of both instructor-led and online courses on a range of topics via the Learning Gateway.
A work placement is an opportunity for students to spend time outside the classroom learning about a particular job or area of work.
During their placement, students can:
- find out what skills employers look for when they're hiring someone to fill a job vacancy
- get the chance to develop their self-confidence and communication skills.
We are keen to work with young people. However, places are very popular and are limited. For further information or to request a placement please:
- Email our Learning team who are based at Cheltenham Borough Council stating that you are interested in doing work experience at Forest of Dean District Council.