Council Leader announces new cabinet
Leader, Tim Gwilliam has announced the new District Council cabinet.
The six new cabinet members are as follows:
- Tim Gwilliam (Forest First) - Leader and cabinet member for Policy and Strategy, Leisure and Tourism, the Arts, School Support, Children and Young People
- Roger James (Forest First) - Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Finance, Governance, Performance and Shared Working
- Chris McFarling (Green) - Cabinet member for Environment, Wildlife, Heritage and Culture
- Julia Gooch (Independent Non-Aligned) - Cabinet member for Town Centres, Business Support and Jobs
- Paul Hiett (Forest First) - Cabinet member for Communities and Parish and Town Councils, Community Safety, including Health and Well Being
- Richard Leppington (UKIP) - Cabinet Member for Development, Asset Management, Planning Policy, Infrastructure and Housing
Leader Tim Gwilliam said: “I’m delighted to welcome Roger, Chris, Julia, Paul and Richard to cabinet. Our titles and roles reflect our intent to focus on the local community. Whilst some of our subjects are not the direct responsibility of the District Council we feel we have a duty to make representations on these on behalf of the community.
“Some good work has been carried out over the past few years, but it’s time for a change. This is our chance to make a real difference and we intend to be a voice for local people and we will work with our partners to ensure a fair deal for the Forest.
“We intend to be a visible cabinet and visible council. The cabinet members will be visiting the market towns over the next four Saturdays chatting to residents and local business owners and their staff to find out what people need to make their daily lives better. This information will help to direct our work over the forthcoming months.”
Cabinet will be visiting the four market towns on the following dates:
22 July 10.30am to 12 noon Cinderford Triangle
29 July 10.30am to 12 noon Lydney Newerne Street
5 August 10.30am to 12 noon Newent Market Square
12 August 10.30am to 12 noon Coleford Clock Tower