Longhope neighbourhood plan
Longhope was designated as a Neighbourhood Area on 19 September 2013.
- Longhope - Neighbourhood Area application notice
- Longhope Parish Council - Neighbourhood Area application
- Longhope Parish Council - Neighbourhood Area plan
Longhope Neighbourhood Development Plan
Longhope Parish Council has prepared and submitted to Forest of Dean District Council a neighbourhood development plan proposal. 'The plan sets out a range of policies to help secure the parish vision. The polices will guide future development with the aim of securing innovative, high quality schemes that are in harmony with the surroundings and enhance the local area.' For more details please:
The examiner’s report and each of the recommendations made by the report were considered at at a meeting of the Full Council on 19th October 2017 it was agreed to make modifications to the draft plan to ensure that it met the basic conditions set out in legislation and that the NDP could proceed to referendum.
The Longhope Neighbourhood Development Plan will now proceed to referendum. It is anticipated that the referendum will take place on 15th February 2018.
Previous steps in the Neighbourhood Plan Process
Publication of the Longhope Neighbourhood Development Plan
Longhope Parish Council submitted their Neighbourhood Development Plan to the Council on 29th March 2017.
The Longhope Neighbourhood Development Plan and supporting documents were available for comment during the statutory consultation period which ran for six weeks between 19 April 2017 and 31 May 2017.
- Notice of consultation on Longhope Neighbourhood Plan
- Summaries of the representations received may be viewed online via our Forward Plan online consultation page
Submission to the Independent Examiner
The Longhope Neighbourhood Development Plan and representations received during the publication consultation were submitted to Mr Andrew Ashcroft the person appointed to carry out the examination of the Longhope Neighbourhood Development Plan on 28th June 2017.
The examiner carried out an unaccompanied site visit to the Neighbourhood plan area, following this and his initial reading of the plan and representations forwarded a clarification note. This note sets out the examiners initial comments on the submitted plan. It also sets out areas where it would be helpful to have some further clarification.
Response to clarification note
Longhope neighbourhood plan supporting documents
- Annex 5 - Manual for Gloucestershire Streets 2016.pdf 4532.7 KB Downloads
- Annex 6 - Residential Design Guide.pdf 7659.8 KB Downloads
- Annex 7 - Longhope Flood Report Appraisal 2008.pdf 3194.2 KB Downloads
- Annex 8 - Longhope Parish Plan 2005.pdf 12920.9 KB Downloads
- Annex 1 - Longhope Rural Profile.pdf 3905.9 KB Downloads
- Annex 2 - Longhope Housing Needs Survey 2015.pdf 9134.3 KB Downloads
- Annex 3 - Longhope Conservation Area Character Appraisal 2001 .pdf 6757.4 KB Downloads
- Annex 4 - Sustrans- Increasing active travel to school.pdf 4687.7 KB Downloads
- Appendix 4 - Drop In June 2015 response analysis.pdf 1497.3 KB Downloads
- Appendix 5 - NDP Employment & Business Survey & Analysis.pdf 1608.7 KB Downloads
- Appendix 6 - Statutory Consultation Returns Analysis.pdf 1526.6 KB Downloads
- Appendix 7 - Listed Buildings.pdf 2178.6 KB Downloads
- Appendix 8 - HRA DRAFT Elimination 19-7-16 (1).pdf 1949.1 KB Downloads
- Appendix 9 - SEA Screening August 2016 FNvr 1.3.pdf 3949.6 KB Downloads
- Appendix 1 - Key Stages in Developing the Longhope NDP to date.pdf 1470.4 KB Downloads
- Appendix 2 - NDP Workshop Nov 2014.pdf 1508.3 KB Downloads
- Appendix 3 - Drop In 2014 - Comments from around the hall.pdf 1481 KB Downloads
- Longhope NDP Map 1 Allocations Plan.pdf 1582.8 KB Downloads
- Longhope NDP Map 2 Parish Boundary.pdf 1437.3 KB Downloads
- Longhope NDP Map 3 DSB changes.pdf 2262 KB Downloads
- Longhope Parish Neighbour Development plan 2016 -2026.pdf 7831.2 KB Downloads
- Longhope NDP Basic conditions Statement.pdf 4021.1 KB Downloads
- Longhope NDP Consultation Document.pdf 3565.1 KB Downloads
- Longhope NDP Evidence base.pdf 3779.3 KB Downloads
A neighbourhood plan examination is very different to a local plan examination and the examiner will only test to make sure that the plan meets the basic conditions and other relevant legal requirements. Unlike other Local Plan documents, the soundness and other material considerations of the plan will not be tested.
The Examiner's report on the Longhope Neighbourhood Development Plan was received on 31 August 2017. The Neighbourhood Plan, list of modifications suggested, the committee report and recommendations were presented to Cabinet and Full Council in October 2017. The independent examiner’s report concluded that, subject to making the modifications recommended, the plan met the basic conditions set out in the legislation and should proceed to a neighbourhood planning referendum.
Further information on the Longhope Neighbourhood Development plan
- For further information on the Longhope Neighbourhood Development Plan visit the Longhope Parish Council website
- For questions about the content of the documents contact Bill Reay: call 01452 830633 or email email@example.com
- For questions about the consultation or the NDP process contact the Local Plan team: call 01594 812325 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The plan can be viewed at the Forest of Dean Council Offices, Coleford and Mitcheldean Library during normal opening hours.
- Copies may also be available at the following locations: Latchen Room, Central Stores and The Forest Bakehouse, Longhope.