Core Strategy and Sustainability Appraisals
The adopted Core Strategy is the principal document in the new Local Plan for the Forest of Dean. It contains the following key elements:
- An overall vision setting out how the district and places within it should evolve
- Strategic objectives for the area focusing on key issues including housing and employment.
- A strategy for the delivery of these objectives, setting out where, when and how development will be delivered
- An explanation of how the process will be monitored
All other Development plan documents DPDs must conform to the Core Strategy. The Core Strategy and its Sustainability Appraisal were adopted on 23 February 2012. This follows the documents being declared 'Sound' by an Independent Planning Inspector.
A copy of the adopted Core Strategy, Core Strategy Adoption Statement and other supporting documents are available to download below:
Sustainability Appraisal is an integral part of producing the Local Plan. The Sustainability Appraisal reviews the range of policies and plans contained in the Local Plan documents and examines how they contribute to the aim of sustainable development. Identifying any problems at an early stage, makes it possible to change and amend policies or text to ensure that they are as sustainable as possible.
The Core Strategy and Sustainability Appraisal was made available for public consultation on three occasions:
1. Core Strategy First Preferred Options document and sustainability appraisal Public consultation May 2006.
2. Core Strategy Second Preferred Options document and sustainability appraisal public consultation (3rd March 08 to14th April 08
3. Core Strategy Publication Draft and the Sustainability Appraisal public comment (21st March to 3rd May 2011)
To view the Sustainability Appraisal as adopted please view the documents below: