UK Parliamentary General Election - 12 December 2019
Polling hours will be 7am until 10pm. Poll cards will be sent out week commencing 11 November. If you haven't received your poll card by 18 November please phone the election team to make sure you are registered 01594 812692.
Forest of Dean parliamentary constituency includes Ashleworth, Chaceley, Hasfield, Forthampton, Highnam, Maisemore, Minsterworth and Tirley parishes of Tewkesbury Borough Council.
Standing as a candidate
Nomination papers are available from the Elections Office. Please call 01594 812629
Completed nomination papers must be submitted by hand to the Acting Returning Officer at the Council Offices, Coleford between the hours of 10am and 4pm from Tuesday 12 November to Thursday 14 November.
Guidance for candidates and agents is available on the Electoral Commission website. Candidates are recommended to read this guidance before submitting their nomination papers.
Key deadline dates
- Registration deadline - midnight Tuesday 26 November 2019, If you have recently moved and not yet registered to vote, please:
- Postal vote deadline - 5pm Tuesday 26 November 2019. Please:
- fill in the postal vote application
Postal ballot papers will be dispatched as follows
|For application received up to||Postal votes released to royal mail|
|Wednesday 13 November||Monday 25 November|
|Tuesday 19 November||Tuesday 26 November|
|Tuesday 26 November||Tuesday 3 December|
- Proxy Vote deadline (someone to vote on your behalf) - 5pm Wednesday 4 December 2019. Please:
- fill in the proxy vote application