Riding establishment licence

You will need a licence to run a riding establishment where horses or ponies are hired out for riding or used for riding instruction.

Apply for a riding establishment licence

Apply for a riding premises licence


For details of the fees please:

Riding establishment licence application process

Before deciding an application we must consider a report from a veterinary surgeon or practitioner detailing whether the premises are suitable for a riding establishment and detailing the conditions of the premises and any horses. This is to ensure that the welfare of the horses is maintained to a high standard and to prevent the spread of any infectious disease.