Exercise referral scheme
All our classes are cancelled until further notice due to advice from the government on COVID-19.
This twelve week activity programme is designed to improve your health and well-being through structured physical activity. The healthy lifestyles exercise referral scheme is run by the Forest of Dean District Council and supported by:
Following a referral from your GP, Practice Nurse or Physiotherapist, the scheme allows you to try a range of activities to suit you, including:
- Walking and cycling
- Exercise classes
- Swimming and gym sessions
You will also be given a home exercise plan.
All individuals involved in the programme will be supervised by a qualified fitness professional.
Getting a referral
Your GP, Nurse of Physiotherapist can refer you to the scheme if you:
- Have high blood pressure, Type 2 Diabetes or Asthma
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Are over-weight or inactive
- Are suffering from mild depression or stress
- Are at risk for developing Osteoporosis
- Are pre or post-natal
For further information:
- Talk to your GP, Nurse or Physiotherapist
- Call 01594 812447
- Email Community Wellbeing Service