Coleford Neighbourhood Plan
The Coleford Neighbourhood Development Plan was 'made' part of the Forest of Dean District Council development plan on 1 October 2018, following the positive result of the referendum, where 81.7% of those who voted were in favour of the plan. The Coleford Neighbourhood Development Plan will now be used to help decide planning applications in the Neighbourhood area.
The Coleford Neighbourhood Development Plan and decision statement can be viewed above on the Forest of Dean website and at the Council Offices, Forest of Dean District Council, High Street, Coleford, Glos. GL16 8HG during normal opening hours.
Previous Steps in the Plan Preparation
Designation of a Neighbourhood Area
Coleford was designated as a Neighbourhood area on 11 July 2013
- Coleford - Notice of Designation
- Coleford Town Council - Neighbourhood Area application
- Coleford Town Council - Neighbourhood Area plan
- Coleford - Neighbourhood Area application notice
Publication of the Coleford Neighbourhood Development Plan
Coleford Town Council submitted the Coleford Neighbourhood Plan to the District Council on 1 March 2018.
A consultation on the Coleford Neighbourhood Development Plan took place between 14th March 2018 and 25th April 2018.
- Coleford NDP Public notice
- Summaries of the representations received may be viewed online via our Forward Plan online consultation page
Submission to Independent Examiner
The Neighbourhood Plan and all representations received during the publication consultation were submitted to the examiner, Mr Andrew Ashcroft on 1st May 2018.
Coleford Neighbourhood Plan submission documents
The examiner carried out an unaccompanied site visit to the Neighbourhood Plan area. Following this visit, plus his initial reading of the plan and representations received; the examiner forwarded a clarification note. The note sets out the examiners initial comments on the submitted plan. It also sets out areas where it would be helpful to have some further clarification.
- Coleford Neighbourhood Plan Clarification Note
- Coleford Town Council response to Clarification Note
- Appendix F - Facilities (revised)
- Revised Map 6
The Examiners Report on the Coleford Neighbourhood Development Plan was received on 2nd July 2018. The independent examiner’s report concluded that, subject to making the modifications recommended, the plan met the basic conditions set out in the legislation and should proceed to a neighbourhood planning referendum. The Examiner’s report was considered at at meeting of the Full Council on 12th July 2018, it was agreed to make modifications to the draft plan to ensure that it met the basic conditions set out in legislation and that the NDP could proceed to referendum.
The referendum for the Coleford Neighbourhood Development plan took place on 13th September 2018.
Coleford NDP Referendum Documents
- Map 8.pdf 367.1 KB Downloads
- Map 10.pdf 281.8 KB Downloads
- Appendix F facilities revised.pdf 46.6 KB Downloads
- Appendix H revised table Coleford Green Spaces post examination.pdf 67.5 KB Downloads
- ColefordNDP-REFERENDUM+.WEB.pdf 6317.3 KB Downloads
- Decision notice Coleford NDP 12Jul18.pdf 94.8 KB Downloads
- annex recommended Policy changes .pdf 445.9 KB Downloads