Coleford Neighbourhood Plan
Coleford Town Council, as the qualifying body, has prepared and formally submitted the Coleford Neighbourhood Plan to the District Council.
The Plan sets out a vision for Coleford Parish and establishes the type of development needed to help sustain the needs of the community and also conserve the close relationship with the countryside that forms a green ring between the town and surrounding settlements. If made, it will become part of the development plan for land use and development proposals within Coleford Parish.
The Plan proposal has a number of supporting documents that can be viewed from the supporting documents list below:
Coleford Neighbourhood Plan submission documents
Further information can be viewed on the Coleford Neighbourhood Development Plan website
Publication of the Coleford Neighbourhood Development Plan
A consultation on the Coleford Neighbourhood Development Plan took place between 14th March 2018 and 25th April 2018.
- Coleford NDP Public notice
- Summaries of the representations received may be viewed online via our Forward Plan online consultation page
Submission to the Independent Examiner
The Neighbourhood Plan and all representations received during the publication consultation were submitted to the examiner, Mr Andrew Ashcroft on 1st May 2018.
The examiner carried out an unaccompanied site visit to the Neighbourhood Plan area. Following this visit, plus his initial reading of the plan and representations received; the examiner forwarded a clarification note. The note sets out the examiners initial comments on the submitted plan. It also sets out areas where it would be helpful to have some further clarification.
The plan proposal can also be viewed on this page of our website.
or in person during normal opening hours at:
- The Forest of Dean District Council Offices, High Street, Coleford, Glos. GL16 8HG (9am to 4.45pm Monday to Thursday, 9am to 4.30pm Fridays)
- Coleford Library, The Main Place, Old Station Way, Coleford, Glos. GL16 8RH
- Coleford Town Council Offices, 1 The Town House, Lords Hill Walk, Coleford Glos GL16 8BD (9.30am to 4pm Monday to Friday)