Mitcheldean neighbourhood plan
Publication of the Mitcheldean Neighbourhood Development Plan
Under Regulation 15 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012, Mitcheldean Parish Council submitted their Neighbourhood Development Plan to the Council on 26th March 2019.
In accordance with Regulation 16, a public consultation was held from Thursday 18th April 2019 to Thursday 30th May 2019 (closing at 4.30pm), during which the Council invited comments on the plan and its supporting documents.
Information on the Mitcheldean Neighbourhood Development Plan is also available from the Mitcheldean Parish Council’s website
Submission to Independent Examiner
The neighbourhood plan and all representations received during the publication consultation were submitted to the independent examiner, Mr Andrew Ashcroft on 31st May 2019.
- Summaries of the representations received may be viewed on the Local Plan online consultation page.
To view the submitted Mitcheldean Neighbourhood Plan and supporting documents please follow the links below:
Mitcheldean Neighbourhood Development Plan
- priority_habitats_areas_in_mitcheldean_parish_1.pdf 2208.2 KB Downloads
- Appendix II Correspondence from Bat Expert David Priddis.pdf 127.9 KB Downloads
- Mitcheldean_consultation_statement1 (1).pdf 983.2 KB Downloads
- 256795 Natural England Response Letter (1).pdf 8.7 KB Downloads
- Coal Authority - Consultation-Response-PPO-007-330-090 (2).pdf 131.8 KB Downloads
- FODDC - Nigel Gibbons.pdf 222.5 KB Downloads
- Gladman Homes.pdf 394.5 KB Downloads
- Highways England.pdf 294.7 KB Downloads
- Historic England.pdf 336.8 KB Downloads
- Michael Steward.pdf 276.5 KB Downloads
- Robert Niblett - Glos County Council.pdf 657.8 KB Downloads
- Severn Trent.pdf 385.3 KB Downloads
- Mitcheldean HRA LSE Screening - March 2019 2.0 (Plan Vr9).pdf 961.5 KB Downloads
- Mitcheldean NDP SEA Screening March 2019.pdf 601.1 KB Downloads
- MitcheldeanNDP HRA Appendix 2 Policy Screening table March 2019.pdf 277.8 KB Downloads
- 274805 NE Response.pdf 142.2 KB Downloads
- Email from Alastair Chapman FODDC.pdf 414.6 KB Downloads
- Historic England Response.pdf 239.2 KB Downloads
- Map 4a - ALC survey Map ALCB01998.pdf 1959 KB Downloads
- Map 4b - ALC survey Map ALCB02198.pdf 2079.8 KB Downloads
The examiner carried out an unaccompanied site visit to the Neighbourhood Plan Area. Following this visit, plus his initial reading of the plan and representations received, the examiner forwarded a clarification note. The note sets out the examiners initial comments on the submitted plan. It also sets out areas where it would be helpful to have some further clarification.
- Mitcheldean Neighbourhood Plan clarification note
- Mitcheldean Parish Council response to clarification note
- Updated Map 8 Protection Zone
- Updated Bus Depot Site
- Forest of Dean District Council response to clarification note
The Examiners Report on the Mitcheldean Neighbourhood Development Plan was received on 28th August 2019. The independent examiner’s report concluded that, subject to making the modifications recommended, the plan met the basic conditions set out in the legislation and should proceed to a neighbourhood planning referendum. The Examiner’s report was considered at the meetings of the Full Council on 17th October 2019, it was agreed to make modifications to the draft plan to ensure that it met the basic conditions set out in legislation and that the NDP could proceed to referendum.