Landlords fit to rent scheme
Coordinated by the six district and city councils; Fit to Rent aims to encourage good practice in the private rented market in Gloucestershire by giving approval to lettings that meet a management code of practice and property standard.
For more details about the Fit to Rent scheme, please:
Rewards and benefits of the Fit to Rent scheme
Lettings in the scheme can benefit from the following incentives:
- A badge of quality and professionalism in the Gloucestershire lettings market.
- Property listing on our website
- Use of the Fit to Rent logo on documentation and tenancy agreements.
- Access to the councils’ bond and rent deposit schemes where available.
- Free regular newsletter, advice and information including a free landlords’ handbook.
- Invitation to occasional training events or meetings.
- A range of rewards and benefits from local businesses
- Council tax discount (Forest of Dean - conditions apply)
Contact your local council to be a Fit to Rent landlord
If you would like to find out more or become an approved Fit to Rent landlord, please contact your local council office listed below.
Forest of Dean District Council
- Telephone: 01594 810000
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cheltenham Borough Council
- Telephone: 01242 264165
- Contact: email@example.com.
Cotswold District Council
- Telephone: 01285 623000
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gloucester City Council
- Email: email@example.com
Stroud District Council
- Telephone: 01453 754 478
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tewkesbury Borough Council
- Telephone: 01684 272 234
- Email: email@example.com