Personal searches can be done on a self-serve basis.
You or an agent will need to email the following 48 hours before your booking with Land charges team:
- a clear plan (ideally OS extract 1:1250 or 1:2500)
- full postal address (including the Parish)
We will then email a schedule of matters affecting the property which will list the registrations held in the Council's register from the plan submitted. Please note: we don't check this information so it is your responsibility to check the data is correct.
Booking a personal search
- Call our reception on 01594 812509 or
- Email the Land charges team
Appointments are available Monday to Friday:
- 9am - 12 midday (10 searches, a maximum of 5 per agent)
- 2pm - 5pm (6 searches, a maximum of 2 per agent)
Bookings must be made at least 48 hours in advance. There may be flexibility due to cancellations and in exceptional cases of urgency.
The most accurate and up to date records for the following are now available online:
- Conservation areas web page
- Listed building on Historic England website
- Public protection notices
- Scheduled Ancient Monuments website
- Sites of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) website
- Tree Preservation Orders since 2014 web page (only available online)
- Planning and building control web page
If you would like to view planning files please email planning references and the date of your appointment to:
- Planning team at least 48 hours before to make sure that files are available for inspection.