Cinderford town centre
The Cinderford Regeneration Board is committed to improving the town centre, resulting in a safer, more attractive environment.
Town centre projects to date include:
- Cinderford Town Trail
- Public realm improvements
- Town centre reports
The series of 6 artworks have been installed to mark the existing Town Trail route, providing symbolic clues to some of the past industrial and cultural activity across the town.
Each design was specifically influenced by the imaginative ideas from a special group of former pupils at Littledean C of E Primary School when they were asked to research the history and culture of Cinderford. The trail follows some of the discoveries that these young people made and is designed to share the treasures that they uncovered with other children, families, residents and visitors. The Town Trail begins at the Library on Belle Vue Road, leaflets are available at the Town Council offices at the Belle Vue Centre, Cinderford and at Cinderford Library.
Public realm improvements
The Cinderford Regeneration Board have progressed a number of town centre improvements as proposed by a specially commissioned Traffic and Signage Study.
The improvements have included:
- A self-enforced 20mph traffic-calming zone.
- Improvements to lighting columns and bulbs.
- Re-surfacing and new road markings to improve driving conditions and increase safety.
- Reduced waiting restrictions in Commercial Street & Woodside Street.
- Closure of Station Street to non-emergency vehicles.
- A weight restriction past Heywood School
- A 30 Minute maximum waiting period for on-street parking bays.
- Creating a shared space for both pedestrians and motorists within the triangle.
- Installing plantings which will enhance the street-scene
- Pavement widening outside the Palace Cinema.
- Installation of new road signs to direct HGVs away from the town centre
Town Centre Reports
The District Council has completed reports on the health and effectiveness of Cinderford Town Centre, based on GFirst's Retail Pathfinder Toolkit
The reports present findings which can be used to evaluate the effectiveness of Cinderford Town Centre by focusing on key themes such as footfall, vitality and economic characteristics.
The reports are available below: