Together with the Core Strategy and the Cinderford Northern Quarter Area Action Plan (CNQAAP) the Allocations Plan will form the new Local Plan for the Forest of Dean and guide future planning applications. It will replace the remaining parts of the old style 2005 Local Plan Review.
The role of the Allocations Plan is to:
- Provide detail of how and where policies in the Core Strategy will be implemented
- Detail allocations for development
- Detail protective designations
- Detail revised defined settlement boundaries.
It will sit within the context of the Core Strategy and has to be in conformity with it.
May 2017 - Notice of additional hearing sessions
Additional examination hearing sessions for the Allocations Plan Further Changes will commence at 10.00am on Wednesday 12th July 2017 until Friday 14th July 2017 at the Council Offices, High Street, Coleford, Gloucestershire GL16 8HG.
Details of the Inspector’s draft additional hearings programme & timetable, together with all other relevant information and documents are available on the Examination webpages. The hearings are open to the public to observe, but participation is by invitation only.
Next steps: Once the Inspector has finalised the hearings programme, it will be published on the examination website and invited participants will be notified accordingly. Following the additional hearings, the Main Modifications can be finalised, which will also require a final formal consultation. All representors will be notified of the ongoing examination process.
Allocations Plan examination
The ‘Allocations Plan Submission Draft August 2015’ and associated documentation was submitted to the Secretary of State on 28 August 2015. The plan is currently being examined by an independent planning inspector to determine whether the document is sound.
An independent Programme Officer will liaise between the inspector, the Council and respondents. For all matters relating to the examination:
- Email the Programme Officer
- Call: 01594 812334
To view documentation relating to the examination (such as programmes, matters and statements) see:
Further Changes December 2016
Following the examination hearings for the Allocations Plan in January and February 2016, and the Inspector's Interim Findings, further modifications are required to the Plan. These are in addition to those discussed at the hearings. The Inspector outlined the need for the Council to review and undertake a focussed public consultation on housing requirement, the proposed new allocations, and on the revised Canal policy before final proposed Main Modifications can be settled.
The Allocations Plan Further Changes (December 2016) consultation was open between Monday 19 December 2016 and Monday 13 February 2017. Comments only refer to the Further Changes December 2016. The comments received and draft officer response can be viewed on the consultation webpage.
For more information see the: Further changes December 2016 webpage
Interim report June 2016
The hearings were concluded in February 2016, view the:
The Council will now consider the modifications necessary to the Allocations Plan in light of the Inspectors Interim Report. Any modifications proposed of significance (main modifications) will require a formal consultation. Following the close of any consultation, responses will be forwarded to the inspector for his consideration before deciding whether any further information, hearings or revisions are required.
Examination Hearing Sessions
The examination hearing sessions for the Allocations Plan commenced on 26 January 2016 and concluded 11 February 2016. For further information see:
The Notice of Allocations Plan Examination Hearing may be viewed below
- Sustainability Appraisal Main Document March 2015
- Sustainability Appraisal Non-Technical Summary March 2015
- Sustainability Appraisal Allocations Plan Appendix 3b March 2015
- Sustainability Appraisal Allocations Plan Appendices March 2015
- Sustainability Appraisal Addendum August 2015
Statement of Consultation
- Statement of Consultation
- Annex 1 Responses to Call for Sites
- Annex 2 Responses to Pre-Publication Draft
- Annex 3 Minutes of Cabinet and Full Council 26th February 2015
- Annex 4 Summary of Responses Allocations Plan Publication Version
Representations received to the Publication Version may be viewed:
Statement of Fact
- Review of Economic Forecast executive summary.pdf 324.4 KB Downloads
- Review of Economic Forecasts June 2015.pdf 3623.3 KB Downloads
- HRA March 2015 - Appendix 2 European Site Information.pdf 708.8 KB Downloads
- HRA March 2015 - Appendix 3 Site Vulnerabilities.pdf 210.2 KB Downloads
- HRA March 2015 - Appendix 4 Detailed Policy.pdf 454 KB Downloads
- HRA March 2015 - Appendix 5 Plans and Projects.pdf 72 KB Downloads
- Habitats Regulations Assessment (Appropriate Assessment) ReportMarch_2015.pdf 730.8 KB Downloads
- HRA March 2015 - Appendix 1 Screening Tables.pdf 553.9 KB Downloads
- Infrastructure Delivery Plan.pdf 3750.7 KB Downloads
- Infrastructure Delivery Plan - project tracker.pdf 139.1 KB Downloads
- Objectively Assessed Housing need proposed future provision Feb 2015.pdf 286.5 KB Downloads
- Objectively Assessed Housing need report FoD Stroud and Cotswolds Oct 2014.pdf 1335.1 KB Downloads
- FOD Objectively Assessed Housing need Update Report July 2015.pdf 493.2 KB Downloads
- Keynote 14 Wye Valley AONB.pdf 2504.6 KB Downloads
- Keynote 15 Air Quality and Designated Sites.pdf 340.6 KB Downloads
- Keynote 16 Water Treatment and Supply.pdf 348.4 KB Downloads
- Keynote 17 WV FoD Bat SAC.pdf 4696.6 KB Downloads
- Keynote 18 Severn Estuary appendicies.pdf 1622.9 KB Downloads
- Keynote 18 Severn Estuary.pdf 1554.4 KB Downloads
- Keynote 19 Duty to cooperate.pdf 348.5 KB Downloads
- Keynote 20 H and G Canal.pdf 267.8 KB Downloads
- Keynote 21 AP monitoring statement.pdf 288.8 KB Downloads
- Keynote 22 suggested changes.pdf 322 KB Downloads
- Keynote 12 Minerals and the Coal Authority.pdf 427.5 KB Downloads
- Keynote 13 Development Sites - Water Treatment and Water Supply Summary.pdf 349.7 KB Downloads
- Keynote 01 Retail.pdf 7712.7 KB Downloads
- Keynote 02 Employment.pdf 1431 KB Downloads
- Keynote 03 Locally Distinctive Areas.pdf 4780.7 KB Downloads
- Keynote 04 Important Open Areas.pdf 301.2 KB Downloads
- Keynote 05 Flood Risk.pdf 468.8 KB Downloads
- Keynote 06 Coal Authority consultation.pdf 390.1 KB Downloads
- Keynote 07 Landfill sites.pdf 88.3 KB Downloads
- Keynote 08 Heritage.pdf 445.5 KB Downloads
- Keynote 09 Housing Land Supply.pdf 328.6 KB Downloads
- Keynote 10 Water supply.pdf 274.7 KB Downloads
- Keynote 11 Housing Needs Supply.pdf 534.4 KB Downloads
- Coleford landscape study map.pdf 471.6 KB Downloads
- Coleford landscape study policy review.pdf 78.9 KB Downloads
- Coleford landscape study supporting analysis.pdf 842 KB Downloads
- Coleford landscape study cover.pdf 169.6 KB Downloads
- Staunton landscape study - map.pdf 9143.6 KB Downloads
- Staunton landscape study - panoramas.pdf 437.1 KB Downloads
- Staunton landscape study - Snigs End report.pdf 346.5 KB Downloads
- Staunton landscape study - front cover.pdf 13427.3 KB Downloads
The Allocations Plan and supporting documents may also be viewed at
- The Forest of Dean Council Offices in Coleford Monday to Thursday 9am to 4.45pm and Friday 9am to 4.30pm
- all local libraries including Gloucester and Chepstow during their opening hours.