Health and safety at work
We work in line with our Health and Safety Service Plan and aim to:
- protect the health, safety and welfare of all people affected by work activities for which we have enforcement responsibility which include:
- shops and offices
- hotels and catering establishments
- sports and leisure and consumer services
- places of worship and warehouses
- promote health and safety within these activities by carrying out planned projects.
Responsibility in most other workplaces falls to the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
Report an accident at work
You can report injuries, diseases and dangerous occurrences regulations (RIDDOR) online:Report an accident at work
Risk assessments are an essential part of ensuring your business operates in a safe and legal manner, so that employees and public are protected. If you are a small or medium sized employer (SME) and have difficulty doing a risk assessment to meet the requirements of the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 see:
Chemicals and other hazardous substances
Help and advice for new businesses
For advice for start up companies and small businesses visit:
Other health and safety information and guidance
For further information on health and safety information visit:
Cooling towers and evaporative condensers
Cooling towers and evaporative condensers help to remove excess heat from sites.
You must let us know if your commercial site uses a cooling tower or evaporative condenser. Please complete the form on the GOV.UK website:Notify us of cooling towers and evaporative condensers
List of sites operating cooling towers
View our list of sites operating cooling towers: