We sometimes place small data files on your computer which are called cookies. Most websites do this.
Cookies improve your website experience by:
- remembering settings, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you visit a new page
- remembering information you’ve given (e.g. your postcode) so you don’t need to keep entering it
- measuring how you use the website so we can make sure it meets your needs.
Our cookies aren’t used to identify you personally. We use them to make the website work better for you. You can manage and/or delete these small files as you wish. We use the following cookies:
We use Google Analytics to collect information about how people use this site. We do this to make sure it’s meeting its users’ needs and to understand how we could do it better.
Google Analytics stores information about:
- what pages you visit
- how long you are on the site
- how you got here and
- what you click on.
- do not collect or store your personal information like your name or address so we cannot identify you
- do not let Google use or share our analytics data.
|_utma||This randomly generated number is used to determine unique visitors to our site||2 years|
|_utmb||This randomly generated number works with _utmc to calculate the average length of time users spend on our site||30 minutes|
|_utmc||This randomly generated number works with _utmb to calculate when you close your browser||when you close your browser|
|_utmz||This is a randomly generated number and information about how the site was reached (e.g. direct or via a link, organic search or paid search)||6 months|
|PUBLIC_NEWVISIT, OP_NEWVISIT||These cookies help internal staff with updating the website via the content manager, but they can also be used through functionality such as online polls and newsletter registration and the website search facility||When you close your browser|
|CFID, CFTOKEN, NQSTAGGING||These cookies help internal staff with updating the website via the content manager, but they can also be used through functionality such as online polls and newsletter registration and the website search facility||Stay on your PC to help with a return visit|
|ASP.NET_SessionId, JSESSIONID||Public Access for planning, building control and licensing||When you close your browser|
|ASP.NET_SessionId||Modern.Gov Committee minutes system||When you close your browser|
|JSESSIONID||Capita for online payments||When you close your browser|
To learn more about cookies please:
- visit the About Cookies website
- In order for the Council to comply with the applicable privacy laws find out more about how we manage your personal data on our Privacy Pages.