Forest Lottery (Community Fund)
Forest Lottery was created in 2019 by Forest of Dean District Council.
Set up to support community projects in the local area, Forest Lottery operates on the principle of raising money within the community for the community. We empower local good causes to raise money in a fun and effective way.
In a time of shrinking budgets and increased community need, Forest Lottery enables people to support the causes they care most about, helping good causes to connect with their supporters.
A ticket for Forest Lottery costs £1 per week and 60p will go directly to good causes!Forest Lottery
Q: When does the lottery launch?
A: The lottery is now open to causes and will open to supporters soon.
Q: What organisations can sign up?
A: Any good cause operating within the Forest of Dean can apply! See below for criteria.
Q: What information will I need to sign up?
A: We’ll need some key pieces of information to get you registered as a good cause on the Forest Lottery. This will include your organisation's name, key contact and role, address, telephone number and email. We will then need you to confirm your eligibility (see question above).
In order to pay you your money we’ll need your bank details and you’ll also need to provide a logo for your organisation to include on the specific marketing materials we’ll create for you. You can provide these at signup but they aren’t required to get you registered. Remember to tell us if any details change.
Does my Good Cause qualify?
We want to enable as many organisations as possible to join the lottery as a good cause. As you will be joining under our overall gambling licence (Gambling Act 2005) we have to ensure that organisations meet certain criteria. There is no application fee.
Your organisation must:
- Provide community activities or services within the Forest of Dean, which are of benefit to the residents of the Forest of Dean
- Have a formal constitution or set of rules
- Have a bank account requiring at least two unrelated signatories
- Operate with no undue restrictions on membership
And be either:
- A constituted group with a volunteer management committee with a minimum of three unrelated members that meets on a regular basis (at least three times per year)
- A registered charity, with a board of trustees
- A registered Community Interest Company, and provide copies of your Community Interest Statement, details of the Asset Lock included in your Memorandum and Articles of Association, and a copy of your latest annual community interest report
You will be asked to commit to using the marketing materials provided and other means of communication to achieve at least 20 ticket sales within four weeks of being provided a page on the site.
We will not permit applications from:
- Groups promoting a particular religious, faith or political belief or activity
- A campaign that does not directly relate to the provision of community activities or services within the Forest of Dean
- Organisations that do not do work within the boundaries of the Forest of Dean
- Organisations which aim to distribute a profit
- Organisations with no established management committee/board of trustees (unless a CIC)
We are also unable to accept applications that are incomplete.
The council reserves the right to reject any application for any reason without offering an appeals process.
The council will reserve its rights to not accept or cease to license any organisation with a minimum of 7 days notice for any reason. If fraudulent or illegal activity is suspected cessation will be immediate.