Due to the current situation with COVID-19, please do not attend the Housing drop in service unless you have been asked to. Please contact the Housing Options Team on 01594 812308 to discuss your housing needs.
The Housing options drop in service is open Monday to Friday:
- 10am to 12pm for the morning session
- 2pm to 4pm for the afternoon session
The drop-ins are for 10 minute brief advice sessions. If you require more in-depth advice or a private room, please call the Housing Options Team to book an appointment on 01594 810000.
Contact the housing team by:
- phoning 01594 810000
- phoning the out of hours emergency service 01452 614194
- emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Harassment and illegal eviction
Unless landlords or their agents can show that they have good reason for doing these things, it’s an offence for them to:
- disturb the peace and comfort of their tenants;
- stop necessary services like water, gas and electricity, or lifts in a block of flats; or
- act in a way that is likely to cause the tenants to leave their home or stop them from exercising their rights
- lock you out of a room
- leave you without a room that is normally shared with other people e.g. kitchen or living room
- take away part of the home because of building works
- try and evict without a court order
We try to prevent harassment and illegal eviction by:
- resolving disputes between landlords and tenants
- negotiating with your landlord to allow you to return to your home if you want to, or to stop the harassment
- possibly taking legal action against the offender if there's proof that an offence has occurred.
You can access Gloucestershire Community Based Support from CCP. They offer support to help you develop your skills to live independently. They can do this by helping you with budgeting, finding accommodation, accessing social support networks and education. You will need to fill in the referral form on their website.