We've tried to make our website as easy as possible for everyone to use but we understand some extra guidance below may be useful. If you are still having problems,
If you’re new to web, there's a free online course at: BBC Webwise
Logging into our planning system
You will need to set up an account to track applications on our Public Access planning system, even if you have already registered an account on our website as the two systems are separate.
Help in other languages
You can ask us to translate key council information and leaflets into a variety of languages. To do this:
- Ask an English-speaking friend or relative to phone Customer Services for you on telephone number 01594 810000.
- Or visit us at our offices at Hight Street, Coleford, GL16 8HG and ask for assistance using our translation and interpreting service which will put you in touch with a telephone based interpreter who can help you communicate with members of Council staff.
Jak uzyskać informacje od lokalnych władz w języku polskim?
Najważniejsze informacje i ulotki dotyczące lokalnych władz na żądanie mogą zostać przetłumaczone na różne języki. Mogą Państwo zapytać znajomego lub członka rodziny kto posługuje się językiem angielskim o kontakt telefoniczny w Państwa imieniu z Biurem Obsługi Klienta pod numerem 01594 810000.
Możliwe jest również uzyskanie informacji bezpośrednio w lokalnym urzędzie pod podanym niżej adresem, gdzie za pomocą naszego systemu zostaną Państwo telefonicznie połaczeni z tłumaczem, który pomoże porozumieć się z naszymi pracownikami.
Como obter informação do Concelho em outras línguas?
As Informações e panfletos podem ser traduzidos em variadas línguas se pedido. Pede a um amigo que fale Inglês ou a um familiar para contactar o Serviço de atendimento ao cliente no teu lugar ligando para o número 01594 810000.
Como alternativa podes visitar-nos no seguinte endereço e pedir ajuda recorrendo ao nosso serviço de tradução e intérprete, o qual te vai por em linha com um intérprete que te pode ajudar a comunicar com os membros do concelho.
Forest of Dean
Telephone: 01594 810000
Downloading files from the website
All downloadable documents on this website are in Adobe Acrobat PDF format and you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print them. This is free software and can be downloaded from:
Features of the website
Here are some features of the website which you might find useful:
Location and Postcode search
Use the postcode search box on the home page to find information and services local to you.
You will need to agree to the term before using this facility as although every effort is made to keep information up to date please contact the relevant department of the Council to check the information where this is important to you. Forest of Dean District Council accepts no responsibility for any loss which results from reliance on the contents of the site.
Please fill in the online forms to report problems or request council services online. The information in the request is recorded in our customer services system so that we can deal with the request as efficiently as possible.
Follow the steps below:
- follow the on-screen instructions
- click on Submit when you’ve filled in all the boxes to send the request to us
- view the confirmation screen
- receive a confirmation email if you have given an email address.
Pay, request and report on the website
You can do the following on the website:
- make a payment for example Council tax or business rates
- request Council services such as a free garden waste collection
- report a problem such as missed recycling, food waste or rubbish collection.