This competition is owned and managed by Forest of Dean District Council whose registered office is at Council Offices, High Street, Coleford, Glos, GL16 8HG.
The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom except employees of Forest of Dean District Council and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via https://www.fdean.gov.uk/competition/. This competition will be promoted across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Nextdoor.
Entrants may submit as many photos as they like, but only one of their photos can be chosen.
Closing date for entry will be 13 October 2023 at 11:59pm. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
- Entrants must send in their best photographs of the Forest of Dean District
- The photos can either be Forest of Dean communities in action or entertainment (tree planting, markets, festivals, games etc) (please remember consent must be given if you are taking photos of residents) or Forest of Dean countryside/towns/villages (various landscapes, interesting architecture etc)
- Entrants that submit photos agree for their photos to be used across Forest of Dean District Council social media channels, Forest of Dean District Council e-newsletters, press releases and for printed copies to be used in public areas of the council buildings
- There are no rules on what is used to take the photograph, however photos must be a minimum size of 3300x2550 pixels
- Entrants must fill out this form and upload their image
- To complete this form you will need to log in to Google. If you cannot log in, you can send your image(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that sending photos via email may reduce their quality
The council reserve the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of our control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible.
The council are not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
There will be one prize winner and the best images will be chosen to be printed and displayed in public areas of the council buildings, as well as being used across Forest of Dean District Council social media channels. Those with the best photos will be entered into a prize draw to win:
- The winner will win a printed 40 x 60cm canvas of their winning photograph
- The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered.The prize is not transferable. Prize is subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
The winner will be chosen by our judging panel week commencing 16 October 2023.
The winner will be notified by email week commencing 23 October 2023. The winners will only ever be contacted by email. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
The winner of the prize may either collect their prize from our registered offices at Council Offices, High Street, Coleford, Glos, GL16 8HG, or the prize can be sent to their registered address.
The council’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
The winner agrees to the use of their name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.