Housing options for older people
To apply for sheltered social housing, which may be either one or two bed bungalows or flats in the Forest of Dean or elsewhere in Gloucestershire, you will need to apply on-line on the Homeseeker Plus website
If you have difficulties doing this or you do not have family members or friends who can help you to do this, please contact us and we will make arrangements to assist you.
Extra care housing
Extra care housing offers:
- accommodation that is self-contained and grouped around communal facilities
- care, as well as support, available to people who need it
To be eligible for extra-care accommodation you will need to be in receipt of a care package. Please contact the Housing team to discuss this in more detail.
Dora Matthews House, Coleford
This housing scheme has 44 one and two bedroomed apartments, all with en-suite (main bedroom only) level access bathrooms, in Coleford, Gloucestershire. It also includes:
- a scheme manager and a team of professional carer’s are available on site
- 24 hour emergency response alarms in all apartments
- wheel chair accessible
- a lift available as the complex is arranged on 3 levels
- an onsite café providing a range of meals
- communal facilities, lounge, garden room, courtyard, hobby rooms and landscaped gardens
- specialist equipment for example, assisted bathing
- a range of activities are provided on-site including exercise and therapeutic classes, social gatherings and advice.
- pet friendly policies
For more information visit the Heritage Care website.
Hanover Court, Cinderford
This housing scheme has 46 one and two bedroomed apartments in Cinderford, Gloucestershire. It also includes:
- a scheme manager (non-residential) and a team of professional carer’s are available on site
- wheelchair accessible with a lift as the complex is arranged on 3 levels and has 24 hour emergency response alarms in all apartments
- a lounge, dining room, laundry room, guest facilities, garden, shop, hairdressing salon, and an assisted bathing facility
- regular social activities are on offer including coffee mornings, singing, exercises, literature group
- some meals available (hot midday meal daily).
- pet friendly policies
For more information call 01594 826834 or visit the Housing Care website.
Contact the housing team
You can contact us by
- calling the Housing Options Team on 01594 810000
- calling the out of hours emergency service on 01452 614194
- emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We run a 24 hour emergency monitoring and contact service called Forest Linkline.