Housing options for older people
To apply for sheltered social housing, which may be either one or two bed bungalows or flats in the Forest of Dean or elsewhere in Gloucestershire, you will need to apply on-line on the Homeseeker Plus website
If you have difficulties doing this or you do not have family members or friends who can help you to do this, please contact us and we will make arrangements to assist you.
Extra care housing
Extra care housing offers more support to residents than sheltered housing:
- accommodation that is self-contained and grouped around communal facilities
- care, as well as support, available to people who need it
To be eligible for extra-care accommodation you will need to be in receipt of a care package. Please contact the Housing team to discuss this in more detail.
Dora Matthews House, Coleford
This housing scheme has 44 one and two bedroomed apartments, all with en-suite (main bedroom only) level access bathrooms, in Coleford, Gloucestershire.
- Scheme manager and a team of professional carer’s are available on site
- 24 hour emergency response alarms in all apartments
- Wheel chair accessible
- Lift available as the complex is arranged on 3 levels
- Onsite café providing a range of meals,
- Communal facilities i.e. lounge, garden room, courtyard, hobby rooms and landscaped gardens.
- Specialist equipment for the more frail or disabled residents, i.e. assisted bathing.
- A range of activities are provided on-site including exercise and therapeutic classes, social gatherings and advice.
- Pet friendly (please see Rooftop Housing pet policy)
For more information visit the Heritage Care website.
Hanover Court, Cinderford
This housing scheme has 46 one and two bedroomed apartments in Cinderford, Gloucestershire.
- Scheme manager (non-residential) and a team of professional carer’s are available on site.
- Wheelchair accessible with a lift as the complex is arranged on 3 levels and has 24 hour emergency response alarms in all apartments.
- Facilities include: a lounge, dining room, laundry room, guest facilities, garden, shop, hairdressing salon, and an assisted bathing facility.
- Regular social activities are on offer including coffee mornings & afternoons, singing, exercises, literature group
- Some meals available (hot midday meal daily).
- Pet friendly (please see Hannover Housing pet policy)
For more information:
- call 01594 826834
- visit the Housing Care website
Contact the housing team
- phone the Housing Options Team on 01594 810000
- phone the out of hours emergency service 01452 614194
- email email@example.com
We run a 24 hour emergency monitoring and contact service called Forest Linkline.