Request bins and recycling boxes
You can request a new bin, food waste caddy, blue bag or recycling boxes if:
- you have just moved in and there are none at the property already
- your current bin or box has been stolen or damaged
- you would like to sign up for the garden waste service and need a new bin
If you have a temporary need to dispose of extra waste, you can take it to one of the recycling centres at Oak Quarry or Hempstead. You can also buy beige council-issue refuse sacks from us to put out with your collection. Our bulky waste service can also assist with large item collections.
Extra refuse bin
The following households may be eligible for an extra bin if:
- there are 6 or more permanent full-time residents living at the address
- they produce a large volume of non infectious healthcare waste such as swabs, incontinence pads or dressings
- there are 2 children (under the age of 4 years old) who are using nappies, living with 2 or more adults
An extra bin is only for those in genuine need. We expect you to make every effort to recycle your waste before making this request. If granted, checks may be made by us on your ongoing need, and suitability for the service.
You will need to inform us of any future changes in circumstances. We maintain the right to downsize or remove containers if we find the need is no longer required.
We reserve the right to request proof of eligibility for this service at any time.