Skip to main content
  1. Home
  2. Council Tax and benefits
  3. Pay Council Tax

Pay Council Tax

Your yearly Council Tax charge is normally payable in ten monthly instalments, although in some circumstances it is possible to spread over 12 months. There are a number of different ways to pay your Council Tax.

Pay by Direct Debit

To set up a Direct Debit or to edit your payment details:

Change your payment method online
  • or call 01594 812532

Pay online

You will need your account number which can be found in the top right hand corner of your bill.

Make a council tax payment online

Pay by telephone

Call 01594 812675 to pay by phone using our 24 hour automated service. You will need your account number which can be found in the top right hand corner of your bill.

Pay using cash at a post office or PayPoint Outlet

You can pay at any Post Office or PayPoint outlet. Take a Council Tax document that displays your personal barcode, for example a bill or reminder notice.

If you pay by this method your payment will take a number of days to reach your account.

For more information about PayPoint or to find your nearest outlet visit the PayPoint website.

Pay by BACS

You can set up a standing order or make payments via BACS using our bank details:

  • Account Name: Forest of Dean District Council Current Account
  • Account Number: 00833506
  • Sort Code: 30-91-87

Make sure that your Council Tax payments are received by the due date to avoid getting a reminder. A maximum of two reminders are sent in any one year after which the instalment facility is cancelled and you will have to pay the year's Council Tax charge.

Pay by cheque

Cheques should be made payable to 'Forest of Dean District Council' and sent to Forest of Dean District Council, Council Offices, High Street, Coleford, Glos, GL16 8HG.

On the reverse of the cheque please remember to write your name, address and Council Tax reference (as shown on your bill).

Non payment of Council Tax

If you don't pay your charge we are required by law to follow statutory procedures to recover the debt.

If you are having trouble paying please contact us and we may be able to come to a payment arrangement that you can afford.