Report benefit fraud
Benefit fraud is a serious crime. We have a dedicated fraud team to prevent, detect and prosecute those making fraudulent applications.
A fraudulent application can be:
- Where information has been falsely given to obtain benefits
- Where an application has been correctly made but a change in circumstances have knowingly not been reported
If you suspect someone is fraudulently receiving benefits you can give us information to help us investigate the application.
Use the button below or call our fraud hotline on 0800 854440 or write to Forest of Dean District Council, Benefit Section, High Street, Coleford, Glos, GL16 8HG.Report suspected benefit fraud
You do not have to give your name when giving us information. If you do, your details will not be passed on.
Information you will be asked for
You will be asked to give as much information as possible to help us to investigate the application. For example:
- The name and address of the person you suspect
- A description of the person including any distinguishing marks such as tattoos
- Why you suspect them of fraud
- Information about their car, if they have one
How the information will be used
When we receive your information we will review the application and investigate the report. If we find inconsistencies in the application we will carry out a full investigation and interview the applicant.
Report internal fraud or corruption
To report any other type of fraud, including misconduct by employees or Councillor behaviour, see our Report internal fraud or corruption page.