Skip to main content
  1. Home
  2. Council Tax and benefits
  3. Report a change in circumstances

Report a change in circumstances

It is important to let us know of any changes that could affect the amount of Council Tax you have to pay. Examples of changes you need to let us know about are:

  • someone moves into the property
  • someone moves out of the property
  • a household member changes their name, for example, after marriage
  • a household member becomes 18 years old
  • you think you are entitled to a discount or exemption
  • you think you are no longer entitled to a discount or exemption
  • you change address
  • any other changes you think we should know about

Moving house

Let us know if you are going to be moving.

Tell us you have moved into the area

If you are moving in to our district please read our register to vote and bins and recycling pages.

Moving within or out of the Forest of Dean District

This form is temporarily unavailable. To tell us you are moving within or out of this area, please contact our Customer Services Team on 01594 810000. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Inform us of other changes

Report a change in benefit circumstances

Change of bank account details for direct debit

If you need to change the bank account details for your direct debit complete the form or call 01594 812532.

Update your bank detail or payment method online

See also