Warm and Well
Free energy advice for local residents
Warm and Well is run by Severn Wye Energy Agency on behalf of Forest of Dean District Council and six other councils in Gloucestershire and South Gloucestershire.
The service provides free advice on everything from understanding your energy use at home to retrofitting renewable energy technologies, and can signpost to further advice and any available funding.
Access to grant funding
Warm and Well manages access to grants for energy efficiency home improvements on behalf of the council. Subject to eligibility, grants can be used to install a range of measures, including:
- heating, including first-time central heating systems
- renewable energy options such as solar PV and air source heat pumps.
If you privately own or rent an inefficient property you could qualify for financial support.
Warm and Well’s friendly and experienced advisers will help you find out if you are eligible and support you with grant applications.
Support at home
Severn Wye also has a team of energy advocates who work in the community to help anyone struggling to understand or pay their energy bills. Advocates hold regular drop-ins, work with local community groups and visit people at home, providing support tailored to residents’ needs.
They can help you:
- manage fuel debt and large energy bills
- access emergency credit and grant funding for energy efficiency improvements
- understand how you use energy at home, and how to reduce your consumption and cost
- access further local support services where necessary.
Call the free advice line, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm: 0800 500 3076
Or use the contact form at the bottom of warmandwell.co.uk
Find out more about the advocacy service here: warmandwell.co.uk/advocates/
Find out how your data will be gathered and used here: www.warmandwell.co.uk/privacy