Together with the Core Strategy and the Cinderford Northern Quarter Area Action Plan (CNQAAP) the Allocations Plan will form the new Local Plan for the Forest of Dean and guide future planning applications. It will replace the remaining parts of the old style 2005 Local Plan Review.
The role of the Allocations Plan is to:
- Provide detail of how and where policies in the Core Strategy will be implemented
- Detail allocations for development
- Detail protective designations
- Detail revised defined settlement boundaries.
It will sit within the context of the Core Strategy and has to be in conformity with it.
The Council received the Inspectors Final Report on 20th June 2018. The Inspector has concluded that the Allocations Plan is both sound and legally compliant, subject to the implementation of the Main Modifications he has recommended. The Inspectors Report and the list of Main Modifications can be viewed via the link below:
Allocations Plan Examination
The ‘Allocations Plan Submission Draft August 2015’ and associated documentation were submitted to the Secretary of State on 28 August 2015. The plan was examined by an independent planning inspector to determine whether the document is sound. The Inspectors Final report was received on 20th June 2018.
An independent Programme Officer will liaise between the inspector, the Council and respondents. For all matters relating to the examination:
- Email the Programme Officer
- Call: 01594 812334
To view documentation relating to the examination (such as programmes, matters and statements) please see:
- Draft Main Modifications consultation 23rd October 2017 to 4pm 18th December 2017.
Following the additional hearings into the Further Changes the Council proposed Main Modifications to the Allocations Plan. A schedule was prepared and presented to the Inspector for his consideration. The schedule of Main Modifications to the Allocations Plan Submission Draft August 2015 was approved by Full Council on the 19 October 2017 and The Main Modifications are were subject to a public consultation between 23 October 2017 and 18 December 2017. At this stage the consultation only concerned the main modifications and not any other aspect of the plan.
Comments received during the consultation can be view here.
The Main Modifications were put forward without prejudice to the Inspector’s final conclusions to the plan.
In preparing his report of the examination the Inspector takes into account of all the representations that have already been made on the additional site allocations and policy changes when they were published for consultation from December 2016 - February 2017.
Main Modification Consultation documents
- Schedule of Main Modifications
- Policies Map
- Sustainability appraisal addendum October 2017
- Habitats Regulations Assessment addendum October 2017
- Housing Trajectory
- Allocations Plan Submission Draft incorporating Main Modifications October 2017
- Inset map notations
- Public notice
In addition to the Main Modifications which affect the soundness of the Plan there are a number of other changes of a minor nature which are proposed - see the: Additional modifications table. They were not part of the present consultation although we can provide further advice and guidance on request.
- September 2017 - Inspector's letter to Council remain modifications
Following the conclusion of the July Hearings, the Council prepared a draft schedule of potential Main Modifications, a corrected version of which was forwarded to the Inspector on 18 August. This was provided for the Inspector’s consideration and the Inspector responded to the draft schedule in a letter dated 4 September outlining some concerns and recommending changes which addressed them.
- Additional hearing sessions considering the Allocations Plan Further Changes were held from 12th July 2017 until Friday 14th July 2017.
- Further Changes Consultation 19 December 2016 to 13 February 2017; please see: Further changes December 2016 webpages. The comments received and draft officer response can be viewed on the consultation webpage.
The Council considered the modifications necessary to the plan in light of the Inspector's interim findings. The Inspector outlined the need for the Council to review and undertake a focused public consultation on housing requirement, the proposed new allocations, and on the revised Canal policy before final proposed Main Modifications can be settled.
- Hearing sessions 26 January 2016 to 11 February 2016
- Submission of Allocations Plan to the Secretary of State 28 August 2015
- Sustainability Appraisal Main Document March 2015
- Sustainability Appraisal Non-Technical Summary March 2015
- Sustainability Appraisal Allocations Plan Appendix 3b March 2015
- Sustainability Appraisal Allocations Plan Appendices March 2015
- Sustainability Appraisal Addendum August 2015
Statement of Consultation
- Statement of Consultation
- Annex 1 Responses to Call for Sites
- Annex 2 Responses to Pre-Publication Draft
- Annex 3 Minutes of Cabinet and Full Council 26th February 2015
- Annex 4 Summary of Responses Allocations Plan Publication Version
Representations received to the Publication Version may be viewed:
Statement of Fact
- Review of Economic Forecast executive summary.pdf 324.4 KB Downloads
- Review of Economic Forecasts June 2015.pdf 3623.3 KB Downloads
- HRA March 2015 - Appendix 2 European Site Information.pdf 708.8 KB Downloads
- HRA March 2015 - Appendix 3 Site Vulnerabilities.pdf 210.2 KB Downloads
- HRA March 2015 - Appendix 4 Detailed Policy.pdf 454 KB Downloads
- HRA March 2015 - Appendix 5 Plans and Projects.pdf 72 KB Downloads
- Habitats Regulations Assessment (Appropriate Assessment) ReportMarch_2015.pdf 730.8 KB Downloads
- HRA March 2015 - Appendix 1 Screening Tables.pdf 553.9 KB Downloads
- Infrastructure Delivery Plan.pdf 3750.7 KB Downloads
- Infrastructure Delivery Plan - project tracker.pdf 139.1 KB Downloads
- Objectively Assessed Housing need proposed future provision Feb 2015.pdf 286.5 KB Downloads
- Objectively Assessed Housing need report FoD Stroud and Cotswolds Oct 2014.pdf 1335.1 KB Downloads
- FOD Objectively Assessed Housing need Update Report July 2015.pdf 493.2 KB Downloads
- Keynote 14 Wye Valley AONB.pdf 2504.6 KB Downloads
- Keynote 15 Air Quality and Designated Sites.pdf 340.6 KB Downloads
- Keynote 16 Water Treatment and Supply.pdf 348.4 KB Downloads
- Keynote 17 WV FoD Bat SAC.pdf 4696.6 KB Downloads
- Keynote 18 Severn Estuary appendicies.pdf 1622.9 KB Downloads
- Keynote 18 Severn Estuary.pdf 1554.4 KB Downloads
- Keynote 19 Duty to cooperate.pdf 348.5 KB Downloads
- Keynote 20 H and G Canal.pdf 267.8 KB Downloads
- Keynote 21 AP monitoring statement.pdf 288.8 KB Downloads
- Keynote 22 suggested changes.pdf 322 KB Downloads
- Keynote 12 Minerals and the Coal Authority.pdf 427.5 KB Downloads
- Keynote 13 Development Sites - Water Treatment and Water Supply Summary.pdf 349.7 KB Downloads
- Keynote 01 Retail.pdf 7712.7 KB Downloads
- Keynote 02 Employment.pdf 1431 KB Downloads
- Keynote 03 Locally Distinctive Areas.pdf 4780.7 KB Downloads
- Keynote 04 Important Open Areas.pdf 301.2 KB Downloads
- Keynote 05 Flood Risk.pdf 468.8 KB Downloads
- Keynote 06 Coal Authority consultation.pdf 390.1 KB Downloads
- Keynote 07 Landfill sites.pdf 88.3 KB Downloads
- Keynote 08 Heritage.pdf 445.5 KB Downloads
- Keynote 09 Housing Land Supply.pdf 328.6 KB Downloads
- Keynote 10 Water supply.pdf 274.7 KB Downloads
- Keynote 11 Housing Needs Supply.pdf 534.4 KB Downloads
- Coleford landscape study map.pdf 471.6 KB Downloads
- Coleford landscape study policy review.pdf 78.9 KB Downloads
- Coleford landscape study supporting analysis.pdf 842 KB Downloads
- Coleford landscape study cover.pdf 169.6 KB Downloads
- Staunton landscape study - map.pdf 9143.6 KB Downloads
- Staunton landscape study - panoramas.pdf 437.1 KB Downloads
- Staunton landscape study - Snigs End report.pdf 346.5 KB Downloads
- Staunton landscape study - front cover.pdf 13427.3 KB Downloads
The Allocations Plan and supporting documents may also be viewed at
- The Forest of Dean Council Offices in Coleford Monday to Thursday 9am to 4.45pm and Friday 9am to 4.30pm
- all local libraries including Gloucester and Chepstow during their opening hours.